Accidents Happen—Let Us Help
Eye injuries or trauma to the eye area can be stressful and frightening. Your eyesight is precious, and anything that might put it at risk needs to be dealt with immediately.
Whether it's a hard knock from a stray ball during game time or a splash of cleaning supplies at home, knowing where to turn for emergency support is crucial for adults and kids alike.
When an accident occurs, call our office right away. We can assess your situation and recommend next steps, whether that means seeing an optometrist or going directly to an emergency room.
If our office is closed, you should proceed to your nearest hospital.Book Appointment
Symptoms That Might Mean an Eye Emergency
While most eye emergencies involve noticeable symptoms or trauma, other eye emergencies are not as obvious. Any sudden changes to your vision should be considered an eye care emergency.
Sudden onset of any of the following symptoms may also indicate an emergency:
- Burning or stinging
- Pupils that differ in size
- Bulging eyes
- Severe eye pain
- Double vision
- Redness or severe itching
- Bruising or bleeding
- Sudden headache
- Discharge from the eye
- Eyes not moving together
Call our office immediately should you experience any of these issues.
DEye Emergency Do’s & Don’ts
Eye emergencies can happen anywhere, whether you're at work, home, athletic events, or just hanging out. But you can make a difference by acting quickly and appropriately. Following first aid steps and contacting emergency care right away can lead to a positive outcome.
If you or a loved one experience an eye emergency, here are some do’s and don’ts to guide you:
- Do flush your eye with cold water in the event of chemical contact.
- Do clean your hands before touching your eye.
- Do lightly cover the eye without applying pressure.
- Do seek immediate medical attention.
- Don’t use tools anywhere near the eye area.
- Don’t rub the eye or apply pressure of any kind.
- Don’t try to remove any large foreign objects.
- Don’t apply any medications, drops, or ointments.
- Don’t remove contact lenses (except in the case of a chemical splash).
Wanna see what we’re all about?
We’re proud to offer comprehensive eye care services and eyewear for the whole family. Our staff looks forward to helping you with all of your eye health needs. We will take the time to answer all of your questions and ensure you understand all of your options.
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Our Google Reviews
This office was great! I took my son in for his first check up and him and I were both very comfortable through out the whole visit. All the staff members gave us their full attention and answered all the questions we had. My son actually said “That was fun” on our way out. I would definitely recommend Bella Vista Eyecare.
I’ve been here for a checkup, for an eye problem, and for sunglasses. No matter the reason, I’ve always found the staff to be helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. They have gone able and beyond to make sure my insurance details were handled smoothly, and are great with my kids when they come. Would definitely recommend.